Thursday, February 18, 2010

Fundraising for 2010

I can’t believe it’s already been a year since I left you to serve on the field in Mozambique. With all the preparation and prayer, I could not have anticipated how much this country would charm and break my heart. I am charmed by the little children who have nothing, but can still sing at the top of their lungs about the goodness of the Lord. I am charmed by the simplicity of life and the natural beauty of this tropical paradise. But a year later, my heart is broken because there are still so many people to be reached with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. My heart breaks because I feel too weak to do anything about the poverty and sickness. Mozambique is still struggling to rebuild after 16 years of civil war, and they must turn to God for the answers.
Romans 10: 14-15 “How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, "HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO BRING GOOD NEWS OF GOOD THINGS!"
And that is what you have done: you have sent me to bring the Good News to the people of Mozambique. Healing Place Church and Children’s Cup International Relief are still operating a CarePoint to reach the impoverished families of Nkobe, a village 20 minutes outside the capital city of Maputo. We provide free meals, medical care and education to about 300 children. We have given the people hope by planting a church that serves the community in the same style that Jesus did. God is moving in the hearts of the people. I feel honored to serve Campus Coordinators and Pastors Isaac and Carol Williams with the growing church by assisting them in reaching the lost and hurting in this area. I want to thank you for supporting me on this mission. Every soul I reached you reached. Every child I hugged you hugged. I could not have done any of this without your financial and prayer support. I am truly grateful, and I pray God’s wonderful blessings on your life. I pray you consider supporting me for this coming year. It can be a one time gift or monthly support, and all support is still sent to Healing Place Church 19202 Highland Rd., Baton Rouge, La, 70809. Make sure to designate it to Deborah Williams-Mozambique. And, please, if anything, I need your prayers. More than ever, I realize I can do nothing apart from Christ.

No comments: